Synchrony Bank issues the GAP card which is a store credit card with limited utility outside of the brand’s family of stores. This card is best for those who spend a lot at GAP, Banana Republic, Old Navy, or Athleta. The GAP card only works for purchases at GAP family stores. Like other store cards, this card is also best for those who can pay off their balances each month.
With a GAP card, you can earn 5 points for each dollar spent at GAP family stores. This card gives 20% off and free shipping for the first purchase made with your card and you can enjoy periodic bonus point shopping days. Due to the GAP card, is a store card and not a regular credit card, many credit card industry fees just do not apply, for example, there is no cash advance fee, over-limit fee, and foreign transaction fee.
What is GAP?
The GAP is a well-known fashionable clothing store that is often visited by fashion-conscious people who wants to transform them for the better. If you are a frequent visitor to the store, having a card will going to give you benefits to help yourself earn rewards.
Let’s know What the GAP Credit Card Is?
The GAP card is issued by Synchrony Bank. Apart from the traditional first purchase discount which cardholders generally get, the thing which makes the credit more effective is the reward points on every purchase along with a discount on every Gap purchase.
Let’s see the rewards point in detail
- You can earn 5 points per dollar spent at GAP, Athletica, Old Navy, and the Banana Republic and 1 point everywhere.
- If you earn 500 points then you will get a $5 reward.
GAP Credit Card Login
It is easy to manage your account online in simple steps. You have to fill in the required details, and there you can experience shopping with ease. The whole GAP credit card login process is simple. Once you login into your account you can do the following things:
- Making payments
- Know about the rewards you are entitled to.
- Know about the billing statements.
GAP Card Login
In just a few steps you can access your account.
- First of all, visit the Eservice.Gap.com secure login page.
- Then, login into your account by entering credentials, and you are done.
- The next time when you do a GAP card login you will require to enter the username and password and click to log in.
- Thereby, there will be some verification steps you will be able to pass by choosing the security image before you are logged in.
There are two types of GAP credit cards and are given below:
- GAP Card
- GAP Visa Credit Card
This card can be used in the GAP stores and its associated ones with the following brands:
- Old Navy
- Piper Lime
- Banana Republic
GAP Visa Credit Card
This card can be operated at any store where Visa is accepted. Both the GAP credit cards have a variable purchase APR of 25.24%.
Requirements to Apply for the GAP Credit Card
- An individual must be a US resident.
- The credit history should be clear.
- Must have a social security number.
- Government-issued photo identity proof needs to be provided during the GAP Credit card application process.
How to Apply for the GAP Credit Card?
- To get started, go to the website of a GAP credit card.
- Enter personal information as well as security details.
- Tick your delivery method to receive the billing statement.
- Follow the Synchrony Bank terms and conditions.
- Check the box, if you agree, and click on “Submit”.
Late Fees for GAP Cards
Late fees are of two types which are associated with GAP cards:
- $27 late fees, if it is the first time of missing payment when considered the last six months.
- $37 late fees if you have already missed the payment in the previous six months.
So, the best way to avoid the fear, anxiety, trauma, and discomfort associated with late fees is to be dutiful in paying on time. We know that there is always some sort of penalty either in the offline or online world and paying on time makes you happier and more responsible. Once GAP declares the date of payment, then you have 26 days to pay from the billing date of your statement.
Gap Credit Card Customer Service
An experienced customer service representative has ample responsibilities on his/her shoulders. Customer service numbers are given below:
- If you are a US residence, then call 1800-427-7895.
- If you are outside the US then call 1-614-744-3907.
- For general support call 1866-450-4468.
Pros and Cons
- Option to earn bonus points
Your timely actions will help you to get more, such as registering for electronic statements will give you 4,000 extra points through GAP Credit Card Login.
- 10% off
A store card also offers a 10% discount besides the rewards you get.
- Earn rewards while shopping at GAP or its sister stores
Some points are received while shopping as the discounts are added up. So, in the future, your shopping experience will have a sizeable amount of discount too.
- Additional GAP Card Benefits Login
Users will earn other benefits such as birthday gifts, receipt-free returns as well as saving mechanisms.
- High late fee
Make sure to avoid cash advances or foreign transactions otherwise be ready to pay a sizable price. Because few cards don’t charge any foreign transaction fees.
- High APR
The GAP card is like the perception which people have for Store cards regarding high-interest rates. Because of the high APR, you are supposed to pay the balance every single month. So, the tip to consider is to be watchful of your actions and control your hands while shopping. So, the tip to think about is to be watchful of your actions and control your hands while shopping.
- Other cards with greater rewards
If you make a purchase of $100 at GAP, brands give you $5 bonuses. However, there are some other cards available with better rewards, though.
- Negligible reward if purchase outside GAP stores
If you pay GAP credit card online outside like in the case of using at gas stations, grocery stores, you can earn 1 point per dollar.
If you are a shopping lover and want to try a different series of apparel at periodical intervals by visiting the GAP stores, then you will earn various benefits. If you are not approved for the Visa, then your choice of shopping may be limited, as you can only concentrate on some stores.
The rewards can only be used with GAP family stores before they expire with the GAP credit card login. So, you need to have a complete overview of the card before making a final call.