You need your Green Dot Card to avoid carrying money or go into debt shopping with your credit card. Nowadays everyone shops online and I know you do too.
Activating your Green Dot Card is the best advantage to you because it saves you from the risk of losing cash when you choose to make a credit card payment or when you are in cash or in debt.
Once you have loaded your card with the cash you can use it exactly in the same way you have been used your traditional bank debit card. You can use it to make both in-store and online purchases or payments with the logo on your Green Dot Card.
If you have a brand new Green Dot card that you need to register, you can easily do so online.
In this Guide, we will help you to know about How Do You Register Your Green Dot Card quickly and easily. Let’s read on.
How Does the Green Dot Card work?
Before we see the activation process, it’s important that we help you understand how the card works. The green dot card comes free when you shop online. Also, it comes with no credit checks.
Visa Green Dot Card has 5% cashback earnings benefits. You can get $100 or more per year just by making a normal purchase with your card.
Green dot cards come with a monthly maintenance fee but the fee will be waived for the month you pay up to $1, 000 or more.
How Do You Register the Green Dot Card You Purchased At a Retail Location?
The Green Dot Card Activation is the most important thing so you have to pay attention to it. Your card is inactive like most bank cards. This helps protect you from fraud if the card is stolen on Transit.
Once the card is in your possession, activation of your green dot card should not take more than two minutes.
Here are some steps that help to register your Green Dot Card:
- First, Visit the Green Dot Homepage.
- Then, Click on the “Register Card” Icon located on the top-right side of your screen.
- This will take you to a secure page
- Now, you need to enter the 16 digits account number of your card and the 3-digit security code known as CCV.
- Also, Put in the card’s month and year of expiration.
- Click the “Continue” icon.
- A new page will open and you will be prompted to enter your name, address, and date of birth.
After completion of this process, your Green Dot Card will activate successfully. You can use your card after loading funds.
As another option, You can activate your Green Dot Card over the Phone. You just need to call the customer care line at 1-866-795-7597. Once you are connected, you will need simply follow the menu instruction to finish the card activation process successfully.
How to Load Funds on Your Card?
You will have to load your card with some cash before you place an order online or go to any store. There are many ways to make this deposit.
- You can transfer money from your bank account to your card.
- You can deposit checks on your card from your mobile device.
- You can get your tax refund deposited on your card.
- You can visit any Green Dot Card Center near you and sign up for direct deposits at no charge.