Having a SunTrust credit card and want to activate it? Actually, It is an important task. There are lots of benefits to activating a SunTrust card such as you get great offers, discounts, cashback offers, etc. If you want to get these offers, you have to read this post carefully.
Once you received your card then the first thing you have to do is the activation process. You need to activate it before using it the first time or to access the funds. Fortunately, activating your Suntrust card is much easier than you think.
In this post, we have given complete information about activating SunTrust card. Let’s read on.
SunTrust Bank: Brief History
SunTrust Bank is the largest bank holding company in America and has a history of 1891 in the country’s financial sector.
If you want to get a SunTrust credit card in your hands, and also want to prove that you are a resident of the U.S., you need to show an annual income of at least $50,000.
Suntrust credit cards are only for those customers who have a good credit score and have a proven track record of paying back how much they owe.
Cards SunTrust Bank Offers:
- Once you created your checking account, you can get a debit card within seven days.
- The bank offers three credit cards: Cash Rewards Credit Card, Travel Rewards Credit Card, and Prime Rewards Credit Card. The Cards are extremely beneficial and provide excellent benefits.
- Important Point to be Noted: In 2009, the company switched its credit card network from Visa to Mastercard. So that every user who signed up with a bank after 2009, only gotten Mastercard cards.
- If you have a Suntrust debit or credit card, you will be able to pay any merchant who accepts MasterCard. Online Shopping is rarely a problem.
- You do not need to make a signature while using a credit card. Rather, you have a debit card, you will need to make a signature or use a PIN. A PIN must be used to authorize the transaction. Most of the users typically use the second option.
- Even, you have a SunTrust debit or credit card, you will need to activate it before you use it.
How to Activate SunTrust Debit Card
The first thing you have to do is check your debit card. Make sure your name is on it and it’s correct. Also, make sure that you look at the effective date to learn if it is the right time to activate it.
The effective date is typically in that month when you open your account with the bank.
Once you have completed this required checking, you can choose between the following two activation methods:
Activation Over the Phone
You can activate the SunTrust card over the phone because it is a very quick and convenient process.
- Just call the debit card customer support at 1-800-337-1140.
- Then you need to choose a language. You can’t skip this step.
- The Customer will ask you about your state, date of birth, and full address. You need to provide your details to him.
- After dialing in some details to complete the activation process, You need to ensure that your card is handy by entering a 16-digit debit card number and CVV to proceed further.
- After providing all the information correctly, the customer support representative will immediately notify you that your card has been activated.
Activating Suntrust Card Online
Suntrust cards can be activated online but this process is a bit long.
- Go to the SunTrust website and enter your username and password.
- After login, you will be asked to enter your name, date of birth, and address.
- On the next screen, you need to enter your 16-digit Suntrust debit card number and its CVV.
- After that, you select your card type and click on the “Card Activation” button.
- That’s it! Your debit card will be activated.
- Shop after activating the card or make sure some of the money from the ATM is working properly. If you have a problem, you can fix it by calling the same number.
How To Activate SunTrust Credit Card
Activating a SunTrust credit card is also very easy.
After you get your card, visit www.suntrust.com/activatemycard. You will need to enter both personal and card information before your card will be activated. Click here to read more about cash card activation.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can call at 1-800-SUNTRUST toll-free number on weekdays between 8 am to 6 pm to solve.
- If it’s been more than a week since you opened the account and haven’t received your card, you can call Suntrust and report it.
- Alternatively, you can also visit your nearest SunTrust branch and report your problem.
- If you have any other queries you can contact SunTrust’s Customer Support Team at 800.786.8787.
Also read: How to activate a Chase credit card