Walmart is one of the largest store chains around. If you are a frequent Walmart shopper, you may take benefit from a Walmart credit card. Depending on your credit history, you may be eligible for a Walmart MasterCard, which you can use to make purchases anywhere that accept a MasterCard or a Walmart Store card.
To qualify for a Walmart credit card you need a good credit score and a fair credit score to qualify for a store card. A fair credit score starts at around 640 and a good credit score starts at around 700.
Now if you want to apply for a Walmart credit card online, then check our entire post and learn everything that you need to know when applying for a Walmart credit card. Let us see the possible way to apply for a Walmart credit card online.
How Do I Apply for Walmart Credit Card Online?
It is a simple and quick process to apply for a Walmart credit card online. You have to follow the below steps carefully.
- First, you need to visit their official website www.walmart.com/creditcard.
- On the webpage, click on “Apply now” near the top of the page. If you’re not already signed into Walmart.com, you will need to sign in to your account.
- If you don’t have a Walmart.com account, you will need to create an account to complete a Walmart credit card application.
- To create an account, click on the “Create a new account”.
- Then, enter your first and last name and email address.
- Next, create a password and click the “Create Account” button.
- Once you have an account, visit the sign-in page and enter your email address and password.
- Then, click on the “Sign in” button.
- Next, enter your address, phone number, Social Security number, date of birth, and your annual net income (your income after taxes have been taken out).
- Finally, click the yellow “Continue” button and follow the prompts to finish your application.
Other Ways to Apply for a Walmart Credit Card
You can also apply for a Walmart credit card at any Walmart location. Ask a cashier to apply or visit their MoneyCenter to complete an application. You can check your Walmart credit card application status using the customer service phone number which is 1-877-969-3668.
Walmart Rewards Program
Walmart Credit Cards offers a 3% cashback on all purchases from Walmart.com. You can get 2 percent back on gas and 1 percent back on Walmart locations and you can use your card anywhere if you have a Walmart MasterCard.
Walmart Credit Card FAQs
What do you need to apply for a Walmart credit card?
You must be 18+ years old and have a credit score of at least 640. You will also need a monthly income of at least $425 more than their monthly housing payment.
How are rewards paid?
Walmart’s cashback rewards are given as a statement credit. They are applied to your statement each month.
How do I check my rewards balance?
You can check your reward by logging into your online Walmart.com account. You can also view them by reviewing their statements and looking at the Rewards Earned summary box.
Can I transfer a balance?
You can not transfer a balance onto a Walmart credit card.
Is there a late fee?
If your payment is late, you will be charged a late fee of $27. If you have missed a payment in the last six billing cycles, your late fee will be $38.
What’s the APR for a Walmart credit card?
If you are approved for a Walmart Mastercard, your APR will range from 18.65 percent to 24.65 percent. If you are approved for a store card, your APR will be 24.65 percent.