If you are searching about the important information that “how to use a Venmo correctly”? Then don’t need to worry. In this post, we are highlighted some major points that will help everything you need to know about Venmo correctly.
Venmo is one of the most convenient payment service. It allows you to send and receive the money in just a second with a few taps. Also, it enables you to request a money as well. This is very user-friendly service and it is very easy to use than you think.
Let’s read down this post and get everything that you need to know about Venmo.
Read More- What are the transfer limits on Venmo?
How to Pay with Venmo Online
Now-a-days, Venmo is one of the great option for making payment for almost all merchants including Uber and Amazon. If you want to use this option for making payment, so you need to install the Venmo app on your phone in addition to the merchant’s app.
There are different ways you would make a payment with Venmo depending on where you are making a payment. Let’s see:
Sending Money Using the Venmo App:
- Launch the Venmo app on your mobile phone.
- Open the app. You will see a symbol looks like pen and pad with “$” sign on it. This is called payment button and if you want send or receive the money, you must have to tap on this button.
- After tap on the payment button, you will see the textbox. Enter the name of user who you want to send money to Or you can find the person in your friendlist that appears when your scroll down.
- If you have not previously transacted with the username you entered, there will be a confirmation pop-up appeared, according to which you can choose the correct receipent.
- Then, enter the amount that you want to transfer. Also you can write the description or memo of what you are paying for.
- There is a icon at the bottom of the page, “Private,” “Public,” and “Friends” you can pick one of them and choose whether the transaction is visible to your friends or not.
- After setting the preferences, just tap on “Pay” button.
- You must need to choose the option that you want to pay such as credit card, debit card, or bank account that’s linked to your Venmo.
Finally, you tap on the Pay button, you will receive the confirmation email and notification of the transaction on the app’s main menu.
Paying for A Purchase on A Mobile Browser with Venmo
If you see a Venmo button:
- Tap on button on the mobile browser. On the next screen, a page will appear. Just check it out and select the Venmo payment option for second time.
- In some cases, you may need to connect your account to a merchant. Whereas, most of the time, you will need to checkout when you don’t need to.
If you see a PayPal button:
- Another option to make payment by clicking on the PayPal button on the checkout page at the merchant site. The Venmo payment option will be appear on the next screen, if it is avaible by the mechant.
- First thing is to remember that, if you want to paying this way you have to installed the Venmo payment app.
Paying for a Purchase in Another App with Venmo:
- If there is a Venmo button in the payment section of that app, you can tap on it and pay using Venmo.
- The prompt will be appear that requests permission to link your Venmo account with the merchant. You must grant the permission.
- Then you can pay for the purchase by navigating through the next prompt.
- Suppose, you need to disconnect your account from Merchant, tap “Disconnect” by tapping the merchant’s name through the “Connected Merchant” menu in Settings.
How to Transfer Money from Venmo To A Bank Account?
- Install and Launch the Venmo app on your phone.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Choose “Transfer to Bank” option. Sometimes the option may be named as “Transfer Money” on some mobile devices. Or on some devices you need to click on “Manage Balance” button to see the option.
- On the next screen, you will see a field. In that you must enter the amount that you want to transfer.
- Then select how you want to transfer. You can choose the options to transfer for free, also there is another option of transferring instantly after paying a fee.
- Finally, select the “Transfer” option to confirm the transfer.
How to Receive Money Using Venmo?
To make a process lot of easier, you must have to linked a card or bank account to your Venmo account.
You don’t need to press any specific button to confirm the transaction in this app. Whereas, You will need to follow some steps to transfer the funds to your bank account from your Venmo account.
If you haven’t linked your bank account to your Venmo, Here are some steps. Kindly Follow:-
- Launch the Venmo app on your phone.
- Tap on hamburger menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Payment Methods” button.
- Select the “Add a bank or card” option, and then select “Bank.”
- On the next screen, enter the account details in the designated field that appears.
Veryfying and connecting your bank account with the app is not necessary. But we highly suggested that you to do it. It will make your transaction more easy.
To read about Venmo fees click here.