In addition to being a solid gift, a MasterCard gift card can also be used to set spending limits and budget.
Mastercard gift card holders are not limited to purchases from just one store, but the card can be used anywhere.
This is a great way to protect your funds and you could even personalize it depending on where you get it from.
While there is no dedicated mobile app to check your gift card balance on the go, there are three more ways to quickly check the balance.
Here are all three methods mentioned and some of the critical features of a Mastercard gift card.
Click here:checking Walmart gift card balance
How To Check Mastercard Gift Card Balance
There are three ways to do this:
The easiest and best way to track your funds is to check your Mastercard Gift Card balance online.
- It may take you a minute to find your online card balance.
- First, you must visit mcgift.giftcardmall.com and click on the “Check Balance/Transaction” button.
- After that, it is very important to enter the gift card number, its expiration date, and the three-digit code on the back (CVV).
- Finally, you will click on the “Submit” button and a list of remaining transactions will pop up.
2. Over the Phone
- You can instantly check your Mastercard gift card balance by calling 1 (877) 322-4710.
- You do not need to speak to any agents or make any requests. After you dial the number your call will be connected to an automatic line, where you must enter your gift card details.
- Once you have certified you will hear the balance details of your gift card.
- Checking your balance on the phone takes a little longer than checking online. However, there is still a better and faster way to get there.
3. In The Store
- You can ask the cashier to check the balance on your card after paying for the item or service using a Mastercard gift card.
- Some Retailers do not have access to the remaining balance details on your card.
- Because of this reason, we don’t reccomened you to rely on this method to keep track of the balance on your Mastercard gift card.
How To Check Mastercard Gift Card Balance In An ATM
You cannot check your gift card balance at an ATM because Mastercard gift cards are not designed to work with ATMs.
You cannot withdraw cash using a Mastercard gift card. You can only pay for services and items with it.
Fees For Checking Mastercard Gift Card Balance
No matter how many times you check MasterCard Gift Card balance using any method, you will not be charged.
MasterCard has stated that no fee is charged on the card after registration, so if you see any fee on your statement, you can call the customer service number on the back of the card and inquire about it.
How To Check Mastercard Gift Card Balance Without Registering It
After you receive your Mastercard Gift Card, you must first register it using the online portal mcgift.giftcardmall.com.
You will then be able to check the balance of the card using the portal.
By registering your card, you can spend money online on the card and pay merchants for mail and telephone orders.
These merchants need confirmation of identity and if you have not registered your card, they will not have their name, address, and telephone number to confirm that you are using the card.
Many merchants reject unregistered cards even if they have sufficient funds to pay for the goods or services.
FAQs About Mastercard Gift Card
1. What to do if a MasterCard Gift Card is stolen?
After receiving your card, you should always write down the card number and CVV on a piece of paper and keep it safe.
If your gift card is stolen, call customer service at 1 (877) 322-4710 and cancel your card immediately. If your card is lost or stolen, Mastercard’s Zero Liability Protection will protect you from unauthorized purchases.
If there are funds in case your card is stolen, you will be sent a free replacement card.
2. How do I set a PIN for my MasterCard gift card?
You can set the PIN for your Mastercard gift card by visiting mcgift.giftcardmall.com on your phone or computer.
You can request a PIN by calling the previous number on your card.
This PIN will protect your transaction and you will not be able to withdraw cash at the ATM even after you get the PIN.
3. Do gasoline stations accept Mastercard gift cards?
It depends on the gas staion you visit. The company recommends that you pre-prepare for gas on the register to prevent the authorization of your remaining funds.
4. Can I use the gift card at restaurants and hotels?
This restaurant, hotel, and other service-providing business masters accepted Mastercard gift cards according to the method of payment.
If you are a merchant you will be charged an additional 20%. If the balance on your gift card is less than the total bill (initial fee + 20%), your gift card will be rejected.
Any extra money placed in the hotel or restaurant will be added back to the gift card within 30 days.
5. What happens if the balance on the card is less than the bill?
Most merchants will accept your card and conduct split tender transaction. But some merchants will ask you to pay using another card or with cash.
You need to pay the remaining amount through another payment mode. Cash is normal, so make sure you carry something even if you have a Mastercard gift card.