If you decide to sign up, you need to know the Zelle transfer limit. This is because there are different transfer limits for different banks. In this post, we have discussed the details and much more.
Sending money to someone is not so easy. You no longer need to keep cash or send checks to pay, you can just use Zelle.
Like every financial instrument, there is a limit to how much you can transfer with Zell. The transfer limit varies from bank to bank. Most banks have a transfer limit of $ 1000 per day and $5000 per month.
This is how much your bank allows you to spend on a daily and monthly basis before deciding to use Zell to make payments.
In this post, U.S. Is aware of the limitations of the most popular Zelle banks.
What is Zelle?
It is one of the most popular peer-to-peer mobile payment applications available for use. It is extremely easy to enable sending and receiving funds to and from a bank account.
This application only works in the US and requires users to create an account.
Once you have created an account on the Zelle network you can connect to your bank account. You can use your mobile device to pay. All you need is the recipient’s phone number, no need to run to the ATM or write a check.
Limit of Zelle transfer
U.S. Banks accept Zelle as a payment mode so you can use the Zelle account and send and receive money in seconds.
Finding a transfer limit for your account can be confusing. There is no universal set limit and the limit for daily and monthly Zell transfers varies between different banks.
If you use it to make payments and receive funds, you can find out your transfer limits by reading the information below.
Bank of America
- Bank of America is the largest bank in the world. The bank allows you to transfer a maximum of $2500 per day.
- The bank limits the number of transfers you can make up to ten per day.
- If you have a Bank of America account, you can use the mobile banking application. Zelle users can visit their website to transfer money.
- Their official platform is free to use and all you need to transfer is the recipient’s email address or phone number.
- The weekly transfer limit is $10,000 to the bank, and Zell users will not be able to make more than 30 transfers in a given week.
- The monthly transfer limit is $20,000 and you can make a maximum of 60 transfers during that period.
- Although there are some stringent limits on Zelle transfers, there are no limits on how much you can get through Zelle.
- Unlike Bank of America, Chase Bank does not impose a limit on how much money you can get through Zelle.
- The amount you want to transfer depends on the bank account you have with Chase.
- If you have a personal account of Chase Checking or a Chase Liquid card, you can send a maximum of $ 2000 per day. Its monthly limit is $16,000.
- If you have a Chase Business Checkout account or a private customer account, you have increased the limit.
- You can transfer up to $ 5000 in a day and up to $ 40,000 in a month.
- Chase Bank is better than BOA in this regard as there is no limit on how much you can change.
Wells Fargo reaches the limit of Zelle transfer in a completely different way. The transfer limit does not depend on the account you have, it depends on the recipient’s account.
If your recipient has a proper bank account you will be able to send them $2500 a day through your Wells Fargo account. You can transfer to $20,000 per month.
If the recipient has a new bank account, Wells Fargo allows you to transfer only $4000 a month to the account.
- The limit of your Citibank account transfer depends on the account you have.
- If your account is older than 90 days, your Zelle transfer limit will be set at $ 2000. You are limited to transfer $10000 per month.
- These limits only apply if you have a Citibank Basic or Account Access account.
- If you have a City Preference, Citigold, or City Private account, you can comfortably transfer up to $5000 per month and up to $1000 per month.
- If you are a customer for less than 90 days, you can transfer up to $1000 per day. Your monthly limit will also be reduced to $5000.
- US Bank sets different limits for each customer. If you have a US bank check account, your daily limit can vary between $1000 – $2500.
- Its monthly limit varies between $4000 -$10000 per day.
- USAA allows you to transfer $1000 per day and customers have a limit of $2500 transfers per week.
- The bank allows customers to make a maximum of three transfers a day.
- The daily transfer limit by Citizen Bank is $ 1000 and the monthly limit is $ 5000.
- If you have an account with Ally Bank, you can send $5000 a day. And its monthly limit is $10000.
- PNC Bank allows you to send only $1000 per day and $5000per month.
T.D. The bank limit is $1000 and the monthly limit is $5000.
If you wait up to three days for the process, the bank offers an additional limit of $2500 per day and $10000 per month. If your bank doesn’t support Zelle, you can still use it to transfer money. But your weekly limit will be fixed at $500.